Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Oktoberfest 2013 @ One Utama

So apparently last Saturday, 14th October, was my first time attending Oktoberfest ! *pops confetti*

So I teman-ed my friends to OU for Oktoberfest.

Damn, I was in the midst of taking my weekend afternoon nap until I heard a doorbell ! Oops.
I was in a rush. Quickly changed my clothes and not putting make up on, I left home boohooooo so naked hahaha.

Managed to find parking..right outside where Oktoberfest was being held *plays winning song*
In case to those who didn't know, the event was held outside One Utama at the old wing open air parking lot right outside TGIF and Jusco :)

The event started early around 5 and we had to go there early to grab a spot before it gets full. Reached OU around 6 plus and had Nandos for dins ! Yums ! :)


Dinner for 4 ; whole chicken ! Had to say that the coleslaw wasn't satisfying.

And I'm sad that they took off their potato salad out from their menu. Like whyyyy ?! It was my fav. And their Garlic sauce is yummsss. :)

After dinner, we head to place where Oktoberfest was held which was around 7 plus, almost 8 at night.
And I can say, the place was starting to get filled up by people as time passes by. It was already crowded when we came and we had to stand up.

So we went in, had to go to the counter to buy the coupons so you can buy drinks using it. And there were like promotions and free stuffs. Plus, buy a glass of beer and you can bring the glass back ! Then they had this promotion of buying RM 200 and above coupons and you'll get a special glass.

My friends bought their drinks (and I didn't coz I wasn't in the mood to drink but ended drinking a few sips to try, heh).




There were songs playing by traditional German bands and not forgetting pretty girls in their uniform. Too bad I forgot to bring my DSLR out to take better pictures. All pictures were taken by my iPhone so just bear with the quality T_T


Game : Musical hat ?


Free mini beer tower !! Btw, the uncle on the second right is so sporting hehe.

They had games and giveaways which was pretty cool. Musical hats ? Like musical chairs ? And they gave away a mini beer tower which was freaking cool !! T_T 


The thingy where you blow to find out your alcohol blood content

And of course, we wouldn't want people to drink and drive so they had a booth for people to test out their blood alcohol content before they leave which was cool :) Above 0.05% and you're out ! :p

Anyway, it was a good experience. I thought it would be a raving kinda thing, naive of me heh heh. But yeah, it would be really nice if I could experience the real Oktoberfest in German. To be honest, I kinda had that atmosphere and feeling that I was really in German celebrating Oktoberfest haha.

I shall let the pictures speak before I sign off.



Where the beers are all served


A slight hint of our table (a barrel) and drinks ! The glass looked really nice


I loved how the ceiling looked like :)


How the tables and stage looked like


They "forced" the audience to stand and dance to the song. It wasn't a rave song :p


Me and the Oktoberfest they gave hehe !


Shot shot shot



Freaking cute mini glass they gave as some promotion when you buy the shot (picture above)


Box for people to place their glass to bring home :)

- End

--

Wow, I really forgot how time consuming it was to actually blog about something. And how I actually had so much time to blog. As time passes,  the free time I have to blog gets lesser, posts gets less interesting and shorter.

I thought one short update on my life would be a quick one but who would have thought.. So much for wanting to do my assignment after I blog hehe :p

Oh well such a procrastinator and lazy me :/

And screw you unifi arghhhh.

Till then
:)

No comments: